Senior Woman - Beach Greeting

jd-photodesign - Fotolia

There are times in late winter I wish the holidays took place a month later. If they did, we would be able to leave our lights up and our trees decorated for a month longer, and would only have to bear two months of winter storms and gray skies more

Mar 3, 2017 10:10 AM Seniors

Sex isn’t a comfortable topic for many people. It’s often been something to be mentioned in hushed tones—or not mentioned at all. That was evidenced when my organization, A Little Help, held one of our Tough Talks centered around the topic of sex. more

Feb 7, 2017 11:51 AM Seniors

The new year brings with it an urge for renewal, of wanting to make changes and set goals—and to really stick to them this year. But there are also resolutions that are less measurable and probably more important—resolutions dealing with happiness... more

Jan 6, 2017 3:45 PM Seniors

It can be easy to forget—when November has been a month of warm breezes and temperate weather—but as they say on Game of Thrones, winter is coming. Along with winter, we can sure expect that holiday season snow, slush, and ice. more

Dec 7, 2016 7:46 AM Seniors

There was a study done by AARP in 2011 which found that 87 percent of American seniors desire to stay in their homes as long as they choose. I rarely meet the other 13 percent. more

Nov 7, 2016 10:27 AM Seniors